Sunday, May 1, 2016

PARTIALISM

He is not here to be polite, that’s what his book says right on the cover. Yet I expected something more from my oblique encounter with Robert Crumb. I wanted to invite him in person for one of my interviews that become comics. I said I was a cartoonist but he walked away, showing me his behind. Inside David Zwirner Gallery other people, all of them Amazonian women, were also showing their behind inside polite frames. Partialism in religion amounts to a heresy, and is characterized by a belief that God isn’t simple and unified, that indeed He is a bit all over the place, scattered and lost. Partialism in sexuality happens when one trades the whole for a specific part of a body. As I listen to Robert Crumb’s band playing, I too am lost and scattered, a wounded partialist.


No comments:

Post a Comment